Pages

10.26.2014

October Baby




This is the OFFICIAL Birthday Outfit. It's my favorite birthday look that I've ever come up with because it is the epitome of October. October has two birthstones: Tourmaline which is pink, and Opal which is kind of iridescent. I might have gotten caught up in the metaphor. 



I bought this top because I thought it would be a great addition to my closet. Faux fur and fuzzy textured clothing were a trend on the runway during fashion week. The fuzzy top actually comes with a matching mini skirt, which was really cute, but I thought that would be too easy. I originally bought pink pants to go with it, but ended up exchanging them for these shorts. Before I left the house I realized that I kinda looked like a tennis player, especially with the visor, but I really didn't care. I like the look a lot better with the shorts. The shorts make the outfit girly because they're pink, but also boyish because of the silhouette. 



I started out looking at holographic shoes to go with the top and short. I couldn't find any shoes that were the style I wanted and in my price range. I figured that I would just DIY some canvas shoes because I had done it before. The plan was to buy some iridescent film and cut and glue it onto a pair of white canvas shoes. Tragically, Wal-Mart didn't have any. But they did have iridescent glitter which was my only other option. The outfit wouldn't be complete without my opalescent shoes, so I took what I could get. They're not exactly what I wanted, but they still turned out nicely. 




Overall I love this look. It has subtle details and mimics my birthstones like I wanted. 

Top: Missguided
Shorts: Missguided
Shoes: Shoes and glitter from Wal-Mart
Visor: K-Mart

1 comment:

  1. To me this look balances masculinity and femininity. I love the shoes!!!! Both the top and the shorts compliment each other.

    ReplyDelete