Pages

9.23.2015

A Girl and Her Pearls




These past couple of weeks I've felt incredibly inspired and encouraged and optimistic. I feel like my goals are tangible. Even though I'll have to start from the bottom and take crap, I'm not as afraid of the hard work I'll have to do to get there. Now more than ever, the long hours I'll have to put in, and dues I'll have to pay will be time well spent getting me closer to my dreams. With each passing Fashion Week, I long more and more to be there. But this season feels better than those passed, because I realize I'll have opportunities to get my foot in the door and work my way up to being there.

Just like any other fashion week, I aim to dress the part. I think subconsciously I feel like if I can somehow create that magical aura, I'll transport myself to the front rows of fashion week among designers, editors and bloggers. I combined my backwards beaded vest and my paisley vest to play with texture and prints. Wearing this vest backwards makes it feel like a new top all together with a different silhouette. And I feel like as my love for flared jeans and bell bottoms grows, my feelings for skinny styles are fading. I think these jeans do something for this look that skinnies couldn't.

BEADED VEST: Gifted
PAISLEY VEST: Thrifted
FLARED JEANS: Thrifted
PEARLS: Claire's
BROACH: DIY

More photos below!












1 comment:

  1. This assortment of cheap prom dresses and semi-formal party dresses is perfect for the savvy fashionista. Slip into a beautiful discount designer evening gown for prom, a black-tie event, formal or pageant. A long evening dress for prom with lace sleeves, an illusion open back, and a plunging v-neckline will paint a picture of poise and grace as you glide across the dance floor. https://promdresshut.com/

    ReplyDelete