Pages

9.10.2015

Better Off




Going into my second year of college, I'm keeping in mind all of the things that I had to learn the hard way during my first year. Since my senior year of high school, the anxiety about all the changes that would be coming had already affected me. And because I expected the worst, that's what I brought onto myself, and so much more. I know that this is my own fault. I know that this year I need a new, better and positive mentality. I wanted to share some of the epiphanies I've had over the past year to help some of you high school and college students, while also showing off some items from my Back to School/Fall Wishlist.

Better Off Being Yourself

College differs from high school, in a lot of ways (good and bad). One of the differences that I appreciate is that what might be uncommon about a person is nothing to mock or pick on. There's thousands of students on a University campus, and each has their personal interests and way of self expression. You don't have to look far or try hard to find people who embrace your differences. With the amount of students and diversity at colleges it's impossible to not have anything in common with anyone. Don't go out of your way or try to force friendships. They'll happen unexpectedly and easily and will be the most genuine. You don't have to learn all the newest slang, or listen to Taylor Swift, or dress like everyone else. People might give you strange looks but you'll honestly be better off by being who you are. 

More photos and outfit details below!

















GREY MIDI DRESS: Papaya
BASEBALL CAP: Walmart
TRANSPARENT BRACELETS: DIY
RINGS: Forever 21
BIRKENSTOCK'S: Call It Spring & painted


3 comments:

  1. I like this outfit. It's casual and comfortable with a dab of femininity. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really in love with this outfit <3

    Emma, www.emmabonneaudsblog.com

    ReplyDelete