Pages

9.01.2015

Double Dose





Going into my second year of college, I'm keeping in mind all of the things that I had to learn the hard way during my first year. Since my senior year of high school, the anxiety about all the changes that would be coming had already affected me. And because I expected the worst, that's what I brought onto myself, and so much more. I know that this is my own fault. I know that this year I need a new, better and positive mentality. I wanted to share some of the epiphanies I've had over the past year to help some of you high school and college students, while also showing off some items from my Back to School/Fall Wishlist.

Motivation and Self-Discipline

During my first year I realized the importance of motivation and self-discipline. The assignments, the papers, the readings in college take serious self-discipline to get done. For the first year or two, so much of the work you do is unrelated to your major or anything remotely interesting. Its almost easier not to do the work. The teachers are unbothered whether you do the work or not, and unlike high school, it's harder for your parents to be aware about and involved in your grades. But honestly it wouldn't be worth it. Finding a way to motivate and discipline yourself is crucial. Even if you have to remind yourself after reading every other page in your Biology book that it'll be worth it in the long run, DO IT! Motivate yourself. The regret you'll feel having to spend more money and time to retake the same class you hated taking the first time, will outweigh any boredom you feel at the moment.

More photos and outfit details below!











OVERALLS: Burlington Coat Factory
BUTTON FRONT SKIRT: Thrifted
SNEAKERS: GoJane and altered
BANDANA: Kmart

1 comment: