Pages

3.19.2015

She X Parka X Blazer




I've really been slacking on the blog lately, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things before summer comes. 

Two weeks ago I spent Spring Break in Miami with one of my best friends. While we were there to see Wynwood street art, which was absolutely AMAZING, we also stopped at a few thrift stores hoping to find different styles than those in Tampa. I found a lot of what I wanted plus a few sporty items, like this parka that I'm absolutely IN LOVE with! As much as I complained during the two weeks of freezing cold weather (being that I'm a Floridian, take that with a grain of salt), I was hoping for a few more cooler days so I'd be able to wear my new favorite jacket. I was disappointed. But I wasn't going to let 85 degree weather stop me from sporting this gem.

I love that this parka is an oversize fit on me. It makes me feel sporty and super laid back. I had ideas to wear the jacket with midi dresses, but I really wanted an unexpected pairing. I decided on a long black blazer. What made me commit to the idea was that it combined formal and sporty-casual so well. And having the jacket hanging off my shoulder shows off both pieces and gives off this chill vibe. The blazer was just long enough that I could wear no-show bottoms, which kept the focus on the double outerwear.

I haven't worn silver in probably 2 years. I've favored gold jewelry recently, but with this look I thought silver and dark jewelry would add a different element that gold couldn't. And clearly I'm still obsessing over black and navy combos since I paired these subtle but detailed faux croc sneakers with my all black ensemble.

Parka: Thrifted
Blazer: Thrifted
Shoes: H&M
Rings: Burlington

More pictures below!

 

 

















No comments:

Post a Comment